Wednesday, July 2, 2014

I Heart Summer Tag!




Happy Wednesday all, and more importantly, happy July! With summer, and the summer weather, in full swing I'm kicking off my summer blog posts with a fun summery questionnaire tag!


1. Favorite bronzer for summer?



These two from Victoria's Secret. Summer and bronzer go together like peanut butter and jelly so during the summer months I like to focus on my bronzer a little more usual. I like using Bronze Rays as a creamy, bronzy highlight and Sun Goddess as an all over face bronzer to give my face a glow. These two work great together and have become my favorite part of my makeup routine!
Left: Sun Goddess Right: Bronze Rays


2. You're relaxing in a hammock, on a tropical island. What are you sipping on? (Favorite summer drink)

Source
Spa Water! Or fruit infused water is probably my favorite drink for the summer. I'm all about staying hydrated and this is such a fun way to do just that. I love trying new combinations and nothing is more refreshing than testing them out on a hot, summer morning. 
Source

Iced coffee is more like an all-year-round drink for me but the summertime is when I really crave it. A great afternoon pick-me-up!
Source
What could be more summery than a strawberry lemonade? I never really crave any kind of lemonade throughout the year but come summer I am all over it! 


3. Favorite summer lip product?



I couldn't decide. #lipproductjunkie I love using the Baby Lips in Coral Crush for hydrating my lips while providing a sheer coral tint. I recently discovered NYX's butter glosses (I know, super late) and this one in Maple Blondie is the perfect summer shade to rock on the beach. Maybelline's Color Whisper in Pin Up Peach is my go to lipstick currently. I just love the peachy-pink shade that starts out sheer and can easily be built up to be more bold. 


From left to right: Coral Crush, Maple Blondie, Pin Up Peach 
4. Pool or Beach?


Source
Both! Brought together like this preferably! What I would give to be here right now. 

5. Summer = crazy hair! What's your must-have styling product?



I've recently discovered a holy grail product and I could not be more excited about it. This Curl Enhancing Smoothie from Shea Moisture has totally transformed my hair routine. A little bit of this miracle smoothie and my hair is de-frizzed and curled all while looking smooth and silky. I also love to finish it off with a sea salt spray. This one that I am currently using is from a Birchbox and from the company Divines. These two put together and I have perfect summer effortless waves. 

6. Sun bathing or fake tan?

Source
Sunbathing all the way! 

7. Favorite summer nail polish?



Love these two polishes! This first one from Victoria's Secret called Just Dance is the prettiest shade of hot pink with gold shimmer perfect for the toes to add a nice pop of color in the sand. I'm all about the coral in the summer and Sally Hansen's Coral Reef is my favorite shade and only gets prettier the darker you tan.  

8. Any summer traditions?

Having a puppy pool day on Memorial Day, watching fireworks on the beach on the 4th of July, and doing a massive clean out in my room!

9. Favorite summer scent?

I am currently trying to find my signature summer scent but anything fruity, fresh or coconut-y will do!


10. Favorite BBQ food?

Source
Watermelon, of course!

11. What's your favorite summer-proof product?



This sunscreen is amazing! I started using this product at the beginning of summer, well my summer, and it has not failed me. It stays on all day through salt water, pool water, and sweat (although I do like to reapply) and I leave the beach/pool/outdoors tan and never burnt. 


12. Any summer vacation plans this year? No plans? Tell us about your dream summer trip!

Source
CM and I are hoping to celebrate our anniversary in the happiest place on earth, of course! 

Source

And right after Disney I will be going on my first cruise ever for my grandma's 80th birthday! I can't even begin to explain how excited I am!

Thanks for reading! 
Have you done the "I Heart Summer" tag? If so, make sure to link it so that I can read it!

xo,
J








No comments:

Post a Comment